Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sephora VIB 15% Off Beauty Haul

Twice a year I stock up my beauty items during Sephora's VIB sale.  This year, besides my usuals, I also pinked up a few new items that I have read about from beauty bloggers.


From top left:

Clarins Bright Plus HP Gentle Brightening Exfoliator (new)
For a while I have been looking for a gentle exfoliator, after much research, I decided to give this one a try.  The texture of the exfoliator is like a regular creamy facial wash, but with micro pinkish beads.  It goes on very smooth over skin, with light massage, my skin feels smooth and soft afterwards.  I've only used this a couple of times, so far have not seen any brightening effect.

Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40
This is my favorite sun screen, I'm reaching the end of my third bottle already.  As we all know, sun protection is probably one of the most important things to youthful looking skin, so I'm very religious when it comes to using sun screens.  I have tried countless brands of sun screens, including Dior, Chanel, Shiseido, Clinique and etc.  Clarins so far is the best I have used.  It is very light and does not dry out my skin.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
I have been using this lotion as long as I can remember.  I normally use it only once at night with a cotton pad, after washing my face with Lancome Cream Radiance Clarifying Cream to foam cleanser.  What I like about this lotion on a cotton pad is it rubs off any remaining dirt that is left after the cleanser, and leaves my skin very refreshed. 

Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask (new)
I had seen this mask first from this video by BeautyQQ's on YouTube.  She had done a very funny review for the mask, it was so hilarious that I just had to get the mask and try it myself!  The mask claims to release oxygen into the skin by foaming up after applying on skin. My thoughts after a first try: it is super FUN watching the mask bubbles up on the face and mask feels very refreshing, my skin looks brightened after using the mask.

Urban Decay Naked 2 (new)
I am so in love with my Original Naked eye shadow palette, especially the lighter hues, they are perfect for everyday use.   I'm so excited to receive the Naked 2, the use of the metal case and the bigger mirror are really great compare to the original Naked.  (The original case is very pretty but so hard to maintain clean, if you know a good way, please let me know!)  I have not tried the colors yet, probably will do a separate review just for the Naked 2 later.  But so far I found only 1 repeated color between the 2 shadow palette.
 
Smith's Rosebud Slave
This is my all time favorite lip balm.  I have bought so many of them as gifts and stocking staffers.  So far I'm only on my second jar, since the balm is so soothing that I only need to apply once in the morning and once before bed, so I'm consuming the balm at a extremely slow speed.  I don't like super fruity lip balms, so the original rosebud is perfect for me, and I also like the minted flavor one. 

A peek inside Naked 2

Box comparison between original Naked Palette and Naked 2

Color comparison, the top one is Naked 2

Till next Sephora VIB sale ;D

xoxo
Jia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...