Monday, December 3, 2012

Sinful Indulgences

As an Etsy seller, I find myself spending a ton of time, energy editing and perfecting product photos.  Which can be fun but painful at the same time.  As I am working away on this gloomy San Diego afternoon, I felt I needed something to warm me through and lift me up... :)  

Hidden in the back of my kitchen shelve, are these hot chocolate mixes I picked up over the Thanksgiving weekend from Williams Sonoma.  Why are they hidden you ask?  Because they are SO good, they are bad!  Unlike regular hot chocolate, these mixes are made from real chocolate shavings, as soon as I open the container, I already feel the rich chocolaty aroma filling my nose.  The package suggest to combine 5 tablespoons of the mix with 1 cup of whole milk.  I find that ratio a bit too intense for me, it is almost like drinking liquid chocolate, though I'm sure some true chocoholics out there love the stuff.  I like mine with just 4 tablespoons of the mix and 1 1/2 cup of 2% milk, the result?  Fabulous!  Just the right depth of bittersweet chocolate taste and silky smooth texture.  And the vanilla marshmallow cubes, what can I say, they are not your average marshmallows, they are very dense and creamy and a hint of vanilla, a crème de la crème!  Yum!


Here I have the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate mix, the Classic Hot Chocolate mix and the box of Vanilla Marshmallows.  I have yet tried the salted caramel flavor, would be something to look forward to for sure.  I feel my day is getting more productive by the minute as I sip up my hot chocolate one heavenly drop at a time.

XOXO
Jia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...