Monday, April 9, 2012

Skin79 Hot Pink Super Plus BB Cream Review

I've been a long time user of Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream #23 and like the product.  One issue I have with Missha is it leaves a slight gray tint on my skin, and the texture is thicker than I would prefer.  What I normally do is mixing it with my sunblock to lighten the texture and coverage to get a sheerer effect.  After reading many good things from beauty bloggers raving about how they love Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream, I finally decided to explore my options and give it a try.    


First, let me start with a little background history of BB cream.  BB stands for Blemish Balm, is a popular cosmetic item sold mainly in Asian countries, however started to gain popularity in the Western market in the past year or so.  Originally formulated by a German dermatologist in the 1950’s, BB cream was initially used to protect and provide light coverage for skin after laser procedures and surgeries.  BB cream has been heavily endorsed by Korean actresses, and perceived as their secret to dewy flawless skin, thus its large popularity in the Asian markets.


Most BB creams are marketed as a moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock all-in-one product, aimed not only to provide coverage for the skin, but contains vitamins and minerals which heals and treats the skin at the same time.  Some leading Asian BB cream brands include Missha, Skin79, The Face Shop, Etude House, Skin Food and etc.

I purchased my BB cream from eBay with Accessorieswhole, the item along with 3 samples were shipped to me from Korea in lightning speed.  Item was well packaged and brand new as claimed by seller.  My skin type is between normal and combination.  Comparing to Missha #23, I like how Skin79 has a smoother, lighter, less creamy texture.  The color enhances my complexion without leaving my skin feeling covered up, there is a slight gray undertone initially, but goes (oxidases) away after a while.  So overall, I prefer Skin79 Hot Pink over Missha.


The Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream I purchased is an upgraded version of their original hot pink cream.  The product comes in a more compact container and is claimed to have an upgraded formula with better ingredients.  I think depending on individual need, this BB cream may not be the best choice for everyone.  Have fun exploring and find the item that best fit your skin type.  Most importantly, remember to eat and live a healthy balanced life style, beauty products enhance our look, but nothing beats a good foundation.     


xoxo
Jia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...